If you are new to FutureFund, here are a few important concepts you should know about:
- Campaign: A vehicle for collecting money. Examples include, yearbooks, spirit wear, PTA memberships, donations, etc.
- Fund: A link to a bank account. When campaigns are sold they are deposited into their associated fund. A campaign can only have one fund and the fund cannot be changed.
- Offline Payment: A non-credit card payment collected outside of FutureFund. Although the payment is collected outside of FutureFund, receipt can be recorded in FutureFund.
- Parent: For brevity when we use 'parent' in our documentation we mean 'parent/guardian'.
- Platform Account: One charge is made for each order (except installments). Parents will see a single charge for each order. Each fund will receive a separate deposit.
- Standalone Account: Each fund has a separate charge during a purchase. Parents will see separate multiple charges for a single order. Each fund will receive a separate deposit.
- Stripe: Stripe is a company we use to process credit card transactions. They are used for platform and standalone accounts.