Many parent teacher organizations are required to remit a fixed amount to a local, state, or national organization. For example, a PTA organization may need to remit $5.00 to their local PTA council when they sell a membership.
Dues apportionment in FutureFund solves this problem by automatically depositing the apportioned amount to the correct multi-level association.
How it works¶
When a parent purchases a Membership campaign with apportioned funds, the apportioned amount is deducted before the funds are deposited. For example:
- Parent purchase a membership for $25.00. The campaign has an apportioned fund with a $5.00 amount.
- The parent's credit card is charged $25.00.
- Two deposits appear on the backend, $15.00 to the campaign's main fund and $5.00 to the apportioned fund.
When viewing the Balance Transactions for the order, the following will be displayed:
Refunds and Disputes¶
Refunds and disputes are deducted from the campaign's available balance. The apportioned fund's balance is not changed. Returning to the above example:
- Admin issues a refund for the full amount of $15.00
- The $25.00 is deducted from the campaign's main fund.
- The apportioned fund's balance is not changed.
- This feature is available in beta. Please let our support team know if you are interesting in participating.
- This feature requires Platform Accounts.
- Dues apportionment campaign availability is limited to Membership campaigns (all types).
- Apportioned fund account balances are not debited (funds are only deposited, never removed).