Covering Processing Fees¶
FutureFund allows platform accounts to ask purchasers to help cover the processing fees associated with their order.
When the purchaser selects the cover processing fees option on a credit card purchase, the following changes occur on the order:
- A processing fee is added to the order.
- Processing fees for installments are collected up front when the order is placed. Future installments will have a zero fee associated with the payment.
- The collected processing fee can be refunded, however, this will debit your fund's account to cover the cost. There is a separate processing fee for each fund if more than one fund is used in the order.
Enable or Disable¶
- In the Admin, navigate to Store > Setup.
- In the Advanced section, check Ask purchaser to cover processing fees.
- Press the Update button.
- The cover fees option is enabled by default on all platform accounts. This feature can be disabled at any time.
- Processing fees are not applied to check orders.
- This feature is limited to platform accounts. If you are on a standalone account, please contact support to upgrade your account for free.
- This feature is available in the store and registration checkout pages.
- This feature is not available when manually creating an order in the Admin.