Frequently Asked Questions¶
Why don't the amounts match in reports?¶
Amounts differ in reports due to the type of dates they use. The following dates are used in various reports:
- Order Date - Reports using the order date will show totals based on when the order was placed. For example, the Campaign Summary report will show amounts based on the order date.
- Payment Date - Reports using the payment date will show totals based on when the payment was received. For installments and check payment methods, this may be different than the order date.
- Post Date - This is not used in reports, but important to understand. This is when the transaction is posted to the account. For example, when an order is placed on Sunday, it will post on the next business day.
- Payout Date - The Reconciliation Report uses the payout date (or deposit date) to show totals.
The most common confusion is when reports using different date types are compared. The reconciliation report should not be compared to any other report as it is the only one using payout date.
Why do I need to provide my SSN when creating a fund?¶
"Know Your Customer" (KYC) obligations require FutureFund to collect and maintain information on all FutureFund account holders. These requirements come from our regulators and financial partners, and are intended to prevent abuse of the financial system.
When setting up an Fund, an authorized business representative will be required to provide the following:
- Legal Name
- Date of Birth
- Full Social Security Number
In rare cases, we will need a copy of the front and back of a government issued ID card.
This process is needed to ensure FutureFund is compliant with the current anti-money laundering laws, much as a bank or a credit card company would need to be.
How will you use the personal data collected?¶