Sender Profiles allow customization of reply-to addresses and branding in emails.
Specifically, sender profiles support:
- Specifying the
reply-toemail address enabling parents to reply to emails from FutureFund. Without customization, the default address is not monitored and will be returned to the parent as undeliverable.
- Specifying of the name in the
Fromfield of the email. Without customization, this defaults to the name of the school. For email deliverability, the from address will always be
- Branding of emails including colors and optional use of a logo.
Sender profiles allow the customizing the following elements:
- Name (used in the From field and in the header)
- Logo (optional, used in the header with the name or standalone)
- Color (used to color the name)
The logo should be at least 150 pixels high and no more than 1,000 pixels wide.
Example: This example shows the header of the email with the name and color set.
Example: This example shows the header of the email with the name, color, and logo set. This profile has the option to show the name with logo enabled.
Example: This example shows the header of the email with the name, color, and logo set. This profile has the option to show the name with logo disabled. Note: the entire header is an image.
Default Sender Profile¶
FutureFund sends transactional emails (e.g., order confirmation and directory invitation emails) from a
email@example.com email address and with a FutureFund logo branding. Schools have the option to change these defaults by selecting a default sender profiles.
To customize the default sender profiles address:
- In the Admin, navigate to Messaging > Setup
- Select the Sender Profile from the drop down
- Click the Update button
- You must have the messaging permission to access this feature.
- This feature changes the
Reply-toaddress and name in the
Fromfield. It does not change the
- This is an account level setting, emails from all school sessions will be affected.